Philly police will boost leaders with $45K grant
By Paul Kurtz
PHILADELPHIA — The Philadelphia Police Department is getting a boost in its effort to develop the next generation of leaders.
The Philadelphia Police Foundation today presented police commissioner Charles Ramsey with a $45,000 grant to fund the Police Supervisory In-Service Training program, better known as “POSIT.”
The five-day training program, taught by Penn State faculty, is designed to develop more effective supervisors.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house