Philly police will boost leaders with $45K grant
By Paul Kurtz
PHILADELPHIA — The Philadelphia Police Department is getting a boost in its effort to develop the next generation of leaders.
The Philadelphia Police Foundation today presented police commissioner Charles Ramsey with a $45,000 grant to fund the Police Supervisory In-Service Training program, better known as “POSIT.”
The five-day training program, taught by Penn State faculty, is designed to develop more effective supervisors.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help