Texas police will divide grant for equipment
By Chris McGuinness
Killeen Daily Herald
KILLEEN, Texas — The Killeen Police Department plans to purchase new equipment, thanks to thousands of dollars of grant money from the federal government.
KPD is one of three local agencies that will receive funds from the Department of Justice’s Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant.
This year, the total amount of the grant is $89,879, and will be divided among Killeen, Temple and Bell County.
Full Story: KPD to spend grant money on equipment
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform