Calif. departments set sights on alcohol through grant
DOWNEY, Calif. — Police departments in Downey, Bell Gardens and Whittier received a joint grant to assist in local efforts to curb alcohol sales to minors and illegal activity at businesses that sell alcohol.
The Downey Police Department will receive $20,000, according to a city news release.
The grant includes funding for public education, law enforcement and licensee training, and enforcement of liquor laws aimed at sales to minors.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house