Calif. departments set sights on alcohol through grant
DOWNEY, Calif. — Police departments in Downey, Bell Gardens and Whittier received a joint grant to assist in local efforts to curb alcohol sales to minors and illegal activity at businesses that sell alcohol.
The Downey Police Department will receive $20,000, according to a city news release.
The grant includes funding for public education, law enforcement and licensee training, and enforcement of liquor laws aimed at sales to minors.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help