Calif. departments set sights on alcohol through grant
DOWNEY, Calif. — Police departments in Downey, Bell Gardens and Whittier received a joint grant to assist in local efforts to curb alcohol sales to minors and illegal activity at businesses that sell alcohol.
The Downey Police Department will receive $20,000, according to a city news release.
The grant includes funding for public education, law enforcement and licensee training, and enforcement of liquor laws aimed at sales to minors.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper