Police in Mo. utilize available grants
By Maridee Lawson
FREDERICKTOWN, Mo. — The Fredericktown Police Department has received more than $250,000 worth of items from grants this year.
Fredericktown Police Chief Eric Hovis said a large portion of his day is spent working on filling out paperwork in order for the city to receive grants to help better his department.
“The grants are to help us serve and protect the community better," Hovis said. "The mayor, city administrator, city council all do an amazing job of supporting our department, but there are some needs that can be met due to budget restraints.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court