Calif. chief to seek funding for body cams
By Allison Gatlin
The Salinas Californian
SALINAS, Calif. — Amid a conversation about mistrust between the Alisal's Latino population and the Salinas Police Department, Chief Kelly McMillin announced Monday the intention to seek Measure V money to fund uniform cameras.
With a potential $20 million up for grabs should a tax measure pass later this year, McMillin said the first unit to receive funding will be patrol.
"We need to stop the bleeding in patrol," he said. "Then there's the build out from there."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house