Calif. chief to seek funding for body cams
By Allison Gatlin
The Salinas Californian
SALINAS, Calif. — Amid a conversation about mistrust between the Alisal's Latino population and the Salinas Police Department, Chief Kelly McMillin announced Monday the intention to seek Measure V money to fund uniform cameras.
With a potential $20 million up for grabs should a tax measure pass later this year, McMillin said the first unit to receive funding will be patrol.
"We need to stop the bleeding in patrol," he said. "Then there's the build out from there."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police