NY police receive funding for vests
By Rick Miller and Darlene Donohue
Olean Times Herald
ALLEGANY COUNTY, N.Y. — Three law enforcement agencies in Cattaraugus and Allegany counties will receive state funding for 47 bulletproof vests, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced Tuesday.
In Cattaraugus County, the state will fund half the purchase of 21 bulletproof vests with a grant of $9,450.
Also, the Allegany County Sheriff’s Department will receive $8,339 toward the purchase of 22 vests and the Cuba Police Department will receive $1,900 to help purchase five vests.
Full Story: Area police agencies get bulletproof vest grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman