Okla. cops to wear body cams thanks to grant funding
By Tony Russell
MUSKOGEE, Okla. — One Green Country police department is going high-tech with a new camera device that will be strapped to an officer's body. The Muskogee Police Department is joining other law enforcement agencies in the state already using the cameras.
The Muskogee Police Department is adding another set of eyes for its officers. More than 50 body-worn cameras will soon be hitting the streets of Muskogee .
"The camera is not going to lie," said Corporal Michael Mahan, Muskogee Police Department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help