ND police get federal equipment grant
By Andrew Sheeler
The Bismarck Tribune
BISMARCK, N.D. — The Bismarck Police Department and Burleigh County Sheriff’s Department received $34,248 in grant funding which will be used to purchase equipment, Bismarck Police Deputy Chief Dave Draovitch said Thursday.
The money comes from the federal Justice Assistance Grants program, which is designed to supplement law enforcement, court and corrections budgets for agencies across the country.
The federal government made $290 million available for such grant funding in fiscal year 2014.
Full Story: City PD, Burleigh Sheriffs get grant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court