20 Mass. cops on leave for expired gun permits
All the officers are expected to return to work immediately following the renewal of their permits
By Jack Encarnacao
The Patriot Ledger
QUINCY, Mass. — A termination proceeding against a former Quincy police officer that hinged on whether he could carry a gun prompted a spot check that resulted in 14 officers and six supervisors being placed on leave for expired gun licenses.
Capt. John Dougan said the department checked licenses last week and informed the officers on Friday and Monday that they would be placed on paid leave until they renewed their licenses.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 20 Mass. cops on leave for expired gun permits
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert