Violent Okla. standoff ends in suspect's suicide
When police arrived, they found a man beating his wife in their front yard with a high-powered rifle
By Bree Steffen
OKLAHOMA CITY — Several families had to be evacuated after a man locked himself in a house with several assault weapons.
“I answer the door. Police are frantic, telling us that there’s someone barricaded in the house behind us.” Kyle Fitch said. “And the house is surrounded so we needed to get out because they had high-powered rifles.”
Officers received a call for help around 1:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. When they arrived at the 18000 block of Montoro Way, they found a man beating his wife in their front yard with a high-powered rifle.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic