Ind. chief accidentally shoots self at gun shop
David Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at a gun shop
By Pam Tharp
CONNERSVILLE, IND. — Shooting himself in the leg is not the way Connersville Police Chief David Counceller planned to promote his candidacy for Fayette County sheriff.
Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at Wullf’s Gun Shop. Counceller, who was off-duty at the time, said he’d been examining a handgun similar to the one he carries.
“I need to pay more attention,” Counceller said. “I know what the dangers are. It was pure carelessness on my part.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation