Ind. chief accidentally shoots self at gun shop
David Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at a gun shop
By Pam Tharp
CONNERSVILLE, IND. — Shooting himself in the leg is not the way Connersville Police Chief David Counceller planned to promote his candidacy for Fayette County sheriff.
Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at Wullf’s Gun Shop. Counceller, who was off-duty at the time, said he’d been examining a handgun similar to the one he carries.
“I need to pay more attention,” Counceller said. “I know what the dangers are. It was pure carelessness on my part.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department