Ind. chief accidentally shoots self at gun shop
David Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at a gun shop
By Pam Tharp
CONNERSVILLE, IND. — Shooting himself in the leg is not the way Connersville Police Chief David Counceller planned to promote his candidacy for Fayette County sheriff.
Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at Wullf’s Gun Shop. Counceller, who was off-duty at the time, said he’d been examining a handgun similar to the one he carries.
“I need to pay more attention,” Counceller said. “I know what the dangers are. It was pure carelessness on my part.”
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman