Fla. cop shot with own gun during foot pursuit
An officer is recovering from being shot in the leg Sunday
By PoliceOne Staff
SWEETWATER, Fla. — An officer is recovering from being shot in the leg Sunday after his holstered weapon discharged during a foot pursuit.
The Miami Herald reports Officer Joel Bosque was responding with another officer to a report of shoplifting at a mall when the incident occurred.
Four men were seen shoplifting by a loss prevention officer and split up when he attempted to stop them.
As Bosque and another officer were pursuing the suspects, the gun went off, striking Bosque in the leg. He was transported to the hospital and later released.
Police were able to apprehend one of the four suspects. 18-year-old Darius Brown was charged with felony theft, robbery and resisting without violence, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house