K-9 competition: N.O. officers and dogs show off their skills
By Judy Creekmore, Contributing writer
The St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office recently hosted its first K-9 competition and training seminar for patrol, narcotics and explosives teams. The event was held on the St. John Airport grounds and at Riverside Academy in Reserve.
Handlers learned more about how to teach their dogs to find explosives, and how to watch their dog's reactions to unfamiliar smells. The seminar was organized by Sgt. Keith Brooks and presented by agents from the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house