Utah police ask for dog-vest donors
By Pomera M. Fronce Close-Up Correspondent
Copyright 2007 The Salt Lake Tribune
The department's K-9 program began in 2000 with a single narcotics-detector dog named Cuffs, who has since retired. Crist, a member of the program since 2003, began training Wyatt when the bloodhound was 10 weeks old. The dog, which was donated to the department by Bitterroots Bloodhounds in Bluffdale, is now 3 years old and is a single-purpose tracking dog.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah police ask for dog-vest donors
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help