Ga. cop mourns loss of K-9 officer who saved his life
By George Chidi, Staff
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Cpl. Mike Wadell was too upset to talk about his dog, Aryn.
The 11-year-old German shepherd was euthanized Wednesday after a series of ongoing health problems. The decorated police dog was shot in the line of duty in January 2004. The department retired Aryn a month later.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court