Ga. cop mourns loss of K-9 officer who saved his life
By George Chidi, Staff
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Cpl. Mike Wadell was too upset to talk about his dog, Aryn.
The 11-year-old German shepherd was euthanized Wednesday after a series of ongoing health problems. The decorated police dog was shot in the line of duty in January 2004. The department retired Aryn a month later.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds