Funeral to be held for Ga. police dog; 'life-saver' shot while chasing murder suspect
By George Chidi, Staff
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Oak Rest Pet Gardens and Gwinnett police are preparing for the funeral of Aryn, a 11-year-old police dog heralded as a life-saver.
Aryn was euthanized last week after a series of ongoing health problems. Police said it wasn't clear if those problems stemmed from gunshot wounds Aryn sustained in 2004.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman