Top cop dog ignores illness, still catching crooks for SLC
By Michael N. Westley
The Salt Lake Tribune
Even the doggie version of chemotherapy can't keep this all-star K-9 on the couch.
In spite of three treatments for a melanoma in his mouth - including surgery to remove the growth and two rounds of injections similar to what humans use to kill cancer - the Salt Lake City Police Department's favorite bloodhound, J.J., remains in action.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house