Burglary suspect shoots, kills K-9 during chase
By Gregg Montgomery
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — A residential burglary suspect this morning shot and killed Bo, an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department canine.
Canine Officer Scott Johnson also shot and wounded the suspect. Johnson had released Bo following a car chase with the burglary suspect found in a Franklin Township home, said Sgt. Paul Thompson, a department spokesman.
Police this afternoon identified the suspect as Clinton Hernandez, 21. He was reported in stable condition at Wishard Hospital with two gunshot wounds to a leg and hip.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Burglary suspect shoots, kills K-9 during chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy