Burglary suspect shoots, kills K-9 during chase
By Gregg Montgomery
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — A residential burglary suspect this morning shot and killed Bo, an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department canine.
Canine Officer Scott Johnson also shot and wounded the suspect. Johnson had released Bo following a car chase with the burglary suspect found in a Franklin Township home, said Sgt. Paul Thompson, a department spokesman.
Police this afternoon identified the suspect as Clinton Hernandez, 21. He was reported in stable condition at Wishard Hospital with two gunshot wounds to a leg and hip.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Burglary suspect shoots, kills K-9 during chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help