Iowa police horse injured by pit bull
The Associated Press
The unleashed and unfenced dog attacked both the officers and their horses yesterday. Police say the dog bit a horse named "Rocky" several times, causing several injuries. Rocky threw his rider to the ground. The unidentified officer had minor injuries from the fall.
Other officers who came say they had no choice but to shoot the dog with a firearm to capture it. An animal control unit took the dog in for treatment, but it later died from injuries.
Police are continuing their investigation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper