3 Calif. deputies, K9 shot during domestic
The Associated Press
Sheriff's Lt. Kevin House told KOVR-TV in Sacramento that each of the deputies was expected to survive. The dog was taken to an emergency veterinarian, he said.
The deputies had responded to a report of shots fired and a man down on a driveway in the Sierra foothills community about 35 miles east of Sacramento.
"They went to render medical aid, and at that point that's when the suspect confronted them," House said.
House said fire officials were the first to respond to the domestic dispute call, which came in about 11:35 a.m.
At least one of the deputies was flown by helicopter to Sutter Roseville Hospital, according to KCRA-TV in Sacramento. House said one of the deputies was shot in the leg, one in the arm and another in the chest.
Stations broadcast aerial footage of a man, believed to be a suspect, in a wooded area. KCRA later quoted House as saying the suspect had died and described him as being in his mid-30s.
House did not immediately return telephone messages Tuesday from The Associated Press.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter