K9 nabs Wash. church burglar
The Associated Press
VANCOUVER, Wash. — A bad ending for an alleged burglar hiding in an attic of the Mill Plain United Methodist Church in Vancouver.
Vancouver Police confronted a man wheeling out an audio/video cart with a television and DVD player out a side door.
The officer ordered the man to stop, but he fled back inside the building.
He refused to come out.
So officers sent Dakota the police dog into one last spot, an attic crawl space.
Then, 20-year-old Roy McMahan, was booked into the Clark County Jail on one count of burglary. First, though, he was treated at Southwest Washington Medical Center for a dog bite.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman