Ariz. police probe death of K-9 left in car almost 13 hours
By Christian Richardson
The East Valley Tribune
Police are not conducting a criminal investigation because they believe Sgt. Tom Lovejoy’s actions on Saturday were at most negligent, police spokesman Sgt. Rick Griner said.
To be charged with animal cruelty under state law, someone must intentionally or recklessly leave an animal in a vehicle when injury or death likely would occur.
To read the rest of the story, click here
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper