Ariz. police probe death of K-9 left in car almost 13 hours
By Christian Richardson
The East Valley Tribune
Police are not conducting a criminal investigation because they believe Sgt. Tom Lovejoy’s actions on Saturday were at most negligent, police spokesman Sgt. Rick Griner said.
To be charged with animal cruelty under state law, someone must intentionally or recklessly leave an animal in a vehicle when injury or death likely would occur.
To read the rest of the story, click here
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform