In Minn., K9s are pricey, yet vital parts of the force
"In the seven years I have been with (a police dog), I haven't had a single physical confrontation," said Officer Jeff Gottstein. "Someone might be willing to fight me, but they aren't willing to fight the dog."
By Bob Shaw
The Pioneer Press
WOODBURY, Minn. — Jeff Gottstein runs alongside his German shepherd toward a 6-foot ladder.
"Here goes nothing," he mutters. The dog leaps but stumbles on his way up.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman