In Minn., K9s are pricey, yet vital parts of the force
"In the seven years I have been with (a police dog), I haven't had a single physical confrontation," said Officer Jeff Gottstein. "Someone might be willing to fight me, but they aren't willing to fight the dog."
By Bob Shaw
The Pioneer Press
WOODBURY, Minn. — Jeff Gottstein runs alongside his German shepherd toward a 6-foot ladder.
"Here goes nothing," he mutters. The dog leaps but stumbles on his way up.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help