Minn. K-9 recovering after being shot in paw
By Mara H. Gottfried
The Pioneer Press
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Rico's career as a St. Paul police dog isn't over, even though he took a bullet while chasing a suspect Tuesday night, police said Wednesday.
Police say Hector C. Aguilar, 41, fired at least three gunshots at Rico and his handler, St. Paul police officer Robert Edwards. Edwards returned fire and shot Aguilar, of Bloomington, in the buttocks and hand.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. K-9 recovering after being shot in paw
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house