Minn. K-9 recovering after being shot in paw
By Mara H. Gottfried
The Pioneer Press
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Rico's career as a St. Paul police dog isn't over, even though he took a bullet while chasing a suspect Tuesday night, police said Wednesday.
Police say Hector C. Aguilar, 41, fired at least three gunshots at Rico and his handler, St. Paul police officer Robert Edwards. Edwards returned fire and shot Aguilar, of Bloomington, in the buttocks and hand.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. K-9 recovering after being shot in paw
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help