New Calif. K-9 aids officers in cases, brings smiles to faces
By Theresa Harrington
San Jose Mercury News
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — A new K-9 dog is bringing Dutch lingo into the Walnut Creek Police Department and boosting morale among officers.
The 3-year-old German shepherd is called "Orfas" — a name given to him at the kennel he came from in Holland. Officer Pat Duggan, who is paired with the dog, said he considered changing the name to something more American, since he doesn't know what Orfas means.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests