Bomb-sniffing K-9s to nose around cargo areas
By Jim Tharpe
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — Bomb-sniffing dogs are nothing new at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, but they're about to be given a new task.
The Transportation Security Administration, the federal agency responsible for providing airport security, plans to begin using the specially trained dogs to screen cargo being loaded aboard passenger planes at the nation's busiest airport.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Bomb-sniffing K-9s to nose around cargo areas
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help