Bomb-sniffing K-9s to nose around cargo areas
By Jim Tharpe
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — Bomb-sniffing dogs are nothing new at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, but they're about to be given a new task.
The Transportation Security Administration, the federal agency responsible for providing airport security, plans to begin using the specially trained dogs to screen cargo being loaded aboard passenger planes at the nation's busiest airport.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Bomb-sniffing K-9s to nose around cargo areas
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy