N.C. troopers defend fired K9 handler
By Dan Kane
The News & Observer
Related: Trooper fired for kicking K9 wants job back
RALEIGH, N.C. — Troopers testified Tuesday that Sgt. Charles L. Jones loved his police dog, Ricoh, so much that when Jones went away one weekend he asked a fellow trooper to sing the dog a lullaby.
"He thought the world of that dog," said Trooper James M. Atkins.
Watch the "training" footage on BLUtube.com
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. troopers defend fired K9 handler
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds