N.C. troopers defend fired K9 handler
By Dan Kane
The News & Observer
Related: Trooper fired for kicking K9 wants job back
RALEIGH, N.C. — Troopers testified Tuesday that Sgt. Charles L. Jones loved his police dog, Ricoh, so much that when Jones went away one weekend he asked a fellow trooper to sing the dog a lullaby.
"He thought the world of that dog," said Trooper James M. Atkins.
Watch the "training" footage on BLUtube.com
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. troopers defend fired K9 handler
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help