Violent Ga. man caught by K-9
By Andria Simmons and Eunice Lee
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga — A 35-year-old man with a violent history was arrested Wednesday afternoon near Lawrenceville when Gwinnett police and a police dog tracked him down and the dog bit him.
Gwinnett County and Lawrenceville police brought in SWAT officers after they learned that the suspect they were pursuing, Robert Michael Benton, has a history of violence, including obstructing police and possession of weapons and drugs, said Cpl. David Schiralli, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Violent Ga. man caught by K-9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms