Kalamazoo police nab suspect hiding in trash can
The Associated Press
KALAMAZOO, Mich. — Authorities in Kalamazoo say they only had to look in the trash to nab a suspect.
The city's public safety department says in a statement that officers were told early Monday that a man reportedly was carrying a gun in a street.
Officers say the man fled when they arrived, and a police dog helped them find a man hiding in a garbage-filled curbside trash can.
Authorities say a gun they think he was carrying was found in another trash receptacle nearby.
The man was arrested on felony gun charges and a misdemeanor resisting arrest charge. He was being held at the Kalamazoo County Jail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman