Kalamazoo police nab suspect hiding in trash can
The Associated Press
KALAMAZOO, Mich. — Authorities in Kalamazoo say they only had to look in the trash to nab a suspect.
The city's public safety department says in a statement that officers were told early Monday that a man reportedly was carrying a gun in a street.
Officers say the man fled when they arrived, and a police dog helped them find a man hiding in a garbage-filled curbside trash can.
Authorities say a gun they think he was carrying was found in another trash receptacle nearby.
The man was arrested on felony gun charges and a misdemeanor resisting arrest charge. He was being held at the Kalamazoo County Jail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform