Faulty air conditioning blamed for K-9 death
By Ray Reyes
The Tampa Tribune
MULBERRY, Fla. — The handler of police canine Sam Diesel had kept the German shepherd in a portable kennel at the Mulberry Police Department in the weeks before the dog died inside a patrol car with faulty air conditioning, according to an investigative report released Tuesday by the agency.
Officer Sara Movahedi was told by a supervisor that police dogs should be placed indoors if the handler is away from their cars for longer than 30 minutes. The effort was meant to conserve gasoline, Movahedi said in the report.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Faulty air conditioning blamed for K-9 death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court