Six-year-old Va. girl starts nonprofit to protect K-9s
By Rita Frankenberry
Dogs may be man's best friend, but 6-year-old Kayleigh Crimmins has proven a pretty good friend to dogs too.
In fact, last March the Chesapeake resident even started up her own nonprofit , Kids for K9s Inc., to help keep her four-legged friends safe, including dogs with the Virginia Beach Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy