Six-year-old Va. girl starts nonprofit to protect K-9s
By Rita Frankenberry
Dogs may be man's best friend, but 6-year-old Kayleigh Crimmins has proven a pretty good friend to dogs too.
In fact, last March the Chesapeake resident even started up her own nonprofit , Kids for K9s Inc., to help keep her four-legged friends safe, including dogs with the Virginia Beach Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform