Fla. felon fleeing drug agents tried to drown K-9
By Kevin P. Connolly
OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — A felon punched and tried to drown a police dog in a canal while attempting to escape from Osceola County Sheriff's Office drug agents, authorities said Thursday.
Michael Lee Holden, 45, faces numerous charges, including battery on a police K-9, after he resisted deputies while in a canal and repeatedly punched the dog in the face, the Sheriff's Office said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help