La. officer injured, K-9 dies in cruiser wreck
BATON ROUGE, La. — A Baton Rouge police dog died Friday and his police handler was injured after their patrol car was broadsided.
Philos, an 8-year-old German shepherd who was part of the Baton Rouge Police Department's K-9 Corps, was taken to a local veterinary hospital where he died from injuries he suffered in the accident, Sgt. Don Kelly, a Baton Rouge Police Department spokesman, said in a news release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. officer injured, K-9 dies in cruiser wreck
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house