Ga. K-9 killed and left in ditch, second K-9 beaten
ATLANTA, Ga. — A $1,000 reward is being offered to anyone who can lead police to the person who shot and killed a Griffin Police Department German Shepherd and then dumped the dog in a ditch beside a Lamar County Road.
The dog’s owner, Griffin police Cpl. Chad Moxon, reported Jimi, who belonged to the department, and his dog, Yeager, were missing from their kennel at his house on a dirt road in Lamar County. Moxon said he was at the firing range when the two dogs disappeared on Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house