Minn. K-9 mistakenly euthanized after escaping kennel
HOWARD LAKE, Minn. — An aging police dog escaped his kennel in Howard Lake, Minn., and was euthanized when a shelter couldn't determine who owned him, officials said.
Eleven-year-old Felony had helped the Howard Lake Police Department uncover $25,000 worth of narcotics since 2002. He was slowing down but still rode most nights in a squad car, Police Chief Tracy Vetruba said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy