NJ K-9 killed in struggle with robbery suspect
After a robbery, a suspect swung "Schultz" the decorated K-9 into the southbound lanes while his handler watched
By Jason Nark
The Philadelphia Daily News
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A South Jersey man who starred on the gridiron years ago threw away his freedom Tuesday night when he hurled a prized police K-9 into oncoming traffic, police said.
Police in Gloucester Township, Camden County, said that their decorated K-9, Schultz, a 3 1/2-year-old German shepherd named after beloved Philadelphia Flyers enforcer Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, had clamped down on Skyler Robinson's arm after a robbery Tuesday night and held tight as they struggled toward busy Route 42.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ K-9 killed in struggle with robbery suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house