Court: Trooper who kicked K-9 wrongly fired
The court ruled Tuesday that the Highway Patrol improperly fired Sgt. Charles Jones
RALEIGH, N.C. — The N.C. Court of Appeals has upheld a judge's ruling that ordered a state trooper who was fired for kicking his dog to be reinstated with back pay.
The court ruled Tuesday that Wake County Superior Court Judge James Hardin was correct when he determined two years ago that the Highway Patrol improperly fired Sgt. Charles Jones.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Court: Trooper who kicked K-9 wrongly fired
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms