Calif. K-9 found emaciated in former officer's yard
The severely emaciated and dehydrated dog, a German shepherd, belonged to former Watsonville officer Francisco Ibarra
By Julie Copeland
Santa Cruz Sentinel
A former Watsonville police dog has been seized by the SPCA for Monterey County, and its owner, a former Watsonville police officer, is facing charges.
The severely emaciated and dehydrated dog, a German shepherd, belonged to former Watsonville officer Francisco Ibarra. Ibarra was fired by the department last year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests