Tenn. city sues breeder for selling old K-9
Police say old age is a problem for a Labrador named Lucy
By Todd South
Chattanooga Times Free Press
SODDY-DAISY, Tenn. — Soddy-Daisy is suing an Arkansas man for selling it a drug dog three times older than advertised and with multiple health problems.
In a Hamilton County Circuit Court lawsuit filed last week, Soddy-Daisy city attorney Sam Elliott wrote that the dog, a Labrador named Lucy, was purchased by the city for $4,950 and delivered to police in July 2011.
The city is suing for $6,856.37, which includes the price of the dog and veterinary bills incurred so far.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. city sues breeder for selling old K-9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman