NC man bites police K-9
Travis Keith Glaspie, 22, was trying to elude officers when he bit the ear of a police dog named Maxx
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Police in Wilmington have a real man bites dog story.
Travis Keith Glaspie, 22, was trying to elude officers when he bit the ear of a police dog named Maxx earlier this week, police said.
Police spokeswoman Lucy Crockett said doctors on Sunday had to stitch the ear of the injured police dog back together.
Glaspie was sought by authorities as a suspect in a weekend shooting. Officers received information about Glaspie’s whereabouts in Wilmington and Maxx chased him. The dog was injured as it tried to stop Glaspie.
The suspect was being held under a $1 million bond on charges of assault on a law enforcement animal, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer, property damage and possession of a controlled substance. Jail officials did not know if he has a lawyer.
Reprinted with permission from MyFox8.com
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court