Wis. police K-9 dies suddenly on duty
Justis was trained as a multipurpose canine fluent in narcotic detection, evidence retrieval, tracking, and officer protection
By Maureen Mertens
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
BROWN DEER, Wis. — Brown Deer Police Officer Brad Caddock was on duty on July 18 with his canine partner Justis when Justis unexpectedly passed way.
The news release from Brown Deer Police Department said the dog died of gastric torsion, a congenital defect, which most often occurs in large breed dogs, that moves quickly and can be fatal.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. police K-9 dies suddenly on duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman