Wis. police K-9 dies suddenly on duty
Justis was trained as a multipurpose canine fluent in narcotic detection, evidence retrieval, tracking, and officer protection
By Maureen Mertens
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
BROWN DEER, Wis. — Brown Deer Police Officer Brad Caddock was on duty on July 18 with his canine partner Justis when Justis unexpectedly passed way.
The news release from Brown Deer Police Department said the dog died of gastric torsion, a congenital defect, which most often occurs in large breed dogs, that moves quickly and can be fatal.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. police K-9 dies suddenly on duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform