PD loses only K-9 in killing at handler's home
Donations are being collected to outfit the Panama Police Department with a new K-9 and training
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT SMITH, Ark. — A police department's only K-9 was killed Monday at his handler's home.
Panama Police say Creed, a two-year-old German Shepherd, was killed in the line of duty while protecting the home of Sgt. Andy Bevil.
It is believed Creed was targeted for his service with the police department, acccording to 5 News. An investigation is ongoing.
A local business in partnership with Ten Four Ministries is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to a prosecution in the death.
Donations are being collected to outfit police with a new K-9 and training.
Memorial services are set for Wednesday morning.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy