Group wants charges against officer over K-9 death
Humane Society seeks answers after shepherd was left 3 days in SUV
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
WARWICK, Ga. — The Georgia Humane Society wants felony charges filed against a former police officer whose canine partner died after being left in a patrol vehicle for three days.
The group plans to dig up the remains of the 10-year-old Dutch shepherd so an investigation can begin, the group's president told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman