Group wants charges against officer over K-9 death
Humane Society seeks answers after shepherd was left 3 days in SUV
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
WARWICK, Ga. — The Georgia Humane Society wants felony charges filed against a former police officer whose canine partner died after being left in a patrol vehicle for three days.
The group plans to dig up the remains of the 10-year-old Dutch shepherd so an investigation can begin, the group's president told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court