Minn. man killed by police after stabbing police K-9
The dog had found the suspect in the basement, who was wanted on a criminal sexual warrant
ST. PAUL — Authorities shot and killed a Missouri man after he allegedly fatally stabbed a St. Paul police dog.
Members of the North Star Fugitive Task Force were looking for the suspect on a first-degree criminal sexual conduct warrant. Members of the task force had gone to a St. Paul home to arrest him Tuesday afternoon when they found him armed with a knife in the basement.
Police say the suspect fatally stabbed police dog Kody. Officers then fatally shot the suspect. No one else was hurt.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house