NYPD K-9 hurt breaking up subway catfight
Bear suffered four broken teeth and a cut on his tongue as he helped an officer break up a fight
By Natasha Velez
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A brave NYPD police dog was kicked in the face while breaking up a catfight in a Midtown subway station.
Bear, a 6-year-old German shepherd, suffered four broken teeth and a cut on his tongue as he helped an officer break up the fight involving four women in the 59th Street/Lexington Avenue station.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD K-9 hurt breaking up subway catfight
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy