NYPD K-9 hurt breaking up subway catfight
Bear suffered four broken teeth and a cut on his tongue as he helped an officer break up a fight
By Natasha Velez
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A brave NYPD police dog was kicked in the face while breaking up a catfight in a Midtown subway station.
Bear, a 6-year-old German shepherd, suffered four broken teeth and a cut on his tongue as he helped an officer break up the fight involving four women in the 59th Street/Lexington Avenue station.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD K-9 hurt breaking up subway catfight
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms